Just by reading this page, it seems reasonable enough to make the following assumptions:
- You acknowledge that modern business simply cannot do without technology in order to bring goods and services to the marketplace
- You recognize that Information Technology, while necessary and empowering, is both complex and ever-changing
- However casually, you are considering getting assistance from IT professionals in order to help your business navigate the technological landscape and to reduce the amount of time and risk involved with doing this work in-house
For all businesses large and small, the benefits of outsourcing are relatively well known: outsourcing creates significant savings in terms of both overhead and total cost of ownership, outsourcing provides greater operational reliability and outsourcing allows companies to more quickly implement new strategies and initiatives – to name but a few. There are, however, very specific reasons why the Small Business should consider Outsourcing their IT.
Unlike larger companies, our experience has shown that most small businesses are not likely to consider hiring an internal IT manager for one or both of the following reasons:
- The small business is unwilling or unable to absorb the costs associated with hiring an in-house IT manager
- There is simply not enough day-to-day work to justify the costs of hiring an in-house IT manager
For many small businesses, the question of technology management then becomes centered on whether to partner with a professional IT consultancy or to have a tech-savvy individual who is already with the company carry out the IT management in-house.